Saturday, August 11, 2012

Finding Food

One of the first things you need to know is where you can find food. Free food. Not out of a garbage can! I was hungry. I hadn't eaten a meal in three days. Sure I'd had food. What little I could piece from the last bit of money I had. But what I needed was a meal. So while I was at the library (wonderful place to waste the day by the way) I was online and searched where I could find a meal. One place did come up. Rescue Mission of Salt Lake City. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So I set out to get myself a meal. I took what bus transportation I could and walked the rest of the way. I got there after they finished serving. I was so dishearted. They still gave me a little bit to eat. Some pastries they couldn't serve at the meal. So I was still fed but I still wanted a meal. I found out when they served dinner. "Come Back at 6:50pm" and so I did. Dinner service was different than lunch service. They ask you to sit through a "church service" which is interesting and fun. I came from a Mormon background and so this was something I was not used to. I enjoyed it. Then after they excuse the women, children, and crippled first. It was such a good thing I cried after out of happiness of actually having a full stomach! I now frequent the mission for meals and have gotten to know several of the people staying there. More stories about them and others coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment